In September last year we were moved to consider going to seminary for getting trained and equipped further for the pastoral ministry. The first step was to seek counsel. The counsel from pastor friends outside CCube was affirming. The next step was to seek the counsel and approval from the elders at CCube. They were excited for us but of course concerned about the next steps for the church.
The very first step then was to inform the members of the church and seek their prayer and support in the whole matter. Like any church family would, there was joy and there was sorrow. Many members conveyed that they are happy that we may go to learn and sad to see us leave.
We had to plan transitions. Thankfully, one of the elders was chosen to lead the church going further. And the church also assisted me financially to be able to fulfil the pre-requisites for applying to Bethlehem College and Seminary. The application process was completed by early March as was the pastoral transition.
The next week we went into lockdown due to COVID-19. The long wait to August was not a problem. But along the way a few things started becoming clear. This is not another year. Nothing is happening as it normally would.
What came next
Since there was nothing we could do but wait and pray. As the days approached to the anticipated deadline, the news that the fund was depleted came in. What a blow! But hey… God is sovereign. We never were going to go with our own strength or financial ability. Wc couldn’t possibly!
So we waited. We prayed. We made an appeal to friends to spread the news and ask people to support the seminary so that they can offer the scholarship. To any candidate! The gospel must be proclaimed. Here and elsewhere.
Earlier this week I had my interview. At the end of the interview I was not sure if there is anything else that I can do but pray. I had committed to myself that I will trust God to grant wisdom to the admissions committee to chose a candidate who will bring God glory by his work. And that can be anybody. I was shocked that they chose me. It was humbling.
I informed my family. We gathered together and thanked God for opening this door and then prayed for all those who would have gotten rejected for the scholarship or for the admission. We asked God to help all those who are called by him for the work of Gospel to not be dejected but to trust God for grace and his equipping. Also we prayed that God would open other doors for them for getting equipped. I cannot imagine a place on earth where the gospel will not be preached. I pray that God sends more workers into his field.
The next step
Now that I have been approved for the admission, I have to complete two semesters of Greek online. Also the scholarship is not yet being offered. It will only be offered if the funds are available. We continue to pray and seek God to meet these needs.