While this recipe is simple, the extra work involved gives you fabulous results. These fries are a hit with the kids. They take hours to prepare and minutes to devour.
- Deep Dish
- 4 Potatoes large
- 1 tbsp salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Chop the peeled potatoes. (uniformity is key)
- Soak the potato in water for at least an hour. This will help reduce it's starchiness. (I prefer adding salt to the water for the potatoes to absorb them. This is optional)
- Allow the strips to dry on a towel or kitchen tissues.
- Deep fry the strips in a medium low flame until just cooked.
- Use tissues to wipe off excess oil. Regridgerate the strips for at least one hour.
- Deep fry the strips on a medium high flame until you have crispy fries. Season with salt.