This is our every week pizza recipe. Simple no fuss. It is easy to prepare and tastes great.
A simple homemade pizza recipe
Servings: 2 11 inch pizzas
- Pizza pan
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 ½ cup maida all purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cup water lukewarm
- 4 tomatoes medium sized
- ½ tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 4 leaves basil fresh
- paprika a pinch
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ onion medium
- baking soda a pinch
- Add the sugar, olive oil and yeast to the water. Allow it to prove.
- Add the maida and salt. Knead till soft and pliable.
- Place the dough in an oiled utensil (use olive oil to oil the dish and the dough to prevent it from drying). Cover it and let it rise for an hour or till doubled in size.
- On a dusted surface, knead the dougn again. Divide the dough into two parts. Roll into a ball, and allow to rise for 45 minutes covered.
- Stretch the dough or press it down into the desired shape. Place it on the pizza pan.Add the sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 210°C for 8 minutes.
- Grind all ingredients to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Cook it in about 2 tbsp of olive oil till the sauce is cooked and is in a ketchup consistency.
Use good quality mozzerella cheeze. You can add other cheese like cheddar in small quantities to enhance taste. Grate parmesan on top of the pizza before baking for that perfect taste.